There was also another reason for the visit and that was to check out if a winter mooring would be possible for AmyJo as we found out its looking like November/December for launching if all goes to plan. Our plan was always to launch at either Debdale Wharf or Crick and cruise AmyJo home to Tattenhall. The launch date means this would not be possible at that time of year so our thinking at this stage is leave to AmyJo at either Debdale or Crick until the spring and the stoppages are over. May even try to stay for the boat show if they will allow us but I doubt it.
We arrived at Crick a little early so decided to have a coffee in the local brewery across the road in the moorings pub. Was too early for a beer so coffee it was. Umm must be getting old, was a time it was never too early for beer.
Our next visit to see AmyJo is planned for next week so we'll have more news on her progress. We understand all is going well and really look forward to seeing her again.